Who remembers Bo Bice from American Idol? That long-haired crooner who made chicks weak in the knees.
He came second to Carrie Underwood in that fourth AI season, but Bo will always be our number one stunna, er, winner.
Here are some things you’ll need to know about Bo if you’d like to become an obsessive fan:
- He was born in Huntsville, Ala.
- Music is in his family (his mom, grandma and great-grandma were gospel singers)
- He was nicknamed Bogart as a newborn by his grandma because she thought he had Humphrey Bogart eyes. How cute is that?
- He moved to England when he was 14 years old because of his dad’s work and was a distant neighbor of those crazy Osbornes.
- Bo released his first CD in 1995 with his band Purge. He opened for Blackfoot and Warrant and performed live and recorded with Johnny Neal, The Allman Brothers Band alum.
- He’d already recorded two albums before appearing on AI: Ex Gratia in 1999 with Purge and Recipe for Flavor (2000).
- Quite possibly the best Bo Bice song. Eva. Having Santana in it helps, too! Hope he performs it when he plays at the Rum Barrel next week Thursday for the Key West Songwriters’ Festie!